Boat License NSW
Get your boat licence in a day! This course provides all the practical training and theory knowledge required by the small boat driver. The course is delivered in a fun, hands-on way by an expert instructor. We include everything you need for the NSW Boat Licence. (Age 12-plus).
During the day you will spend the morning in the classroom and the afternoon on Sydney Harbour learning to drive our rigid inflatable rescue craft.
- Safety and preparation (kill cord, life jackets, communications, crew position and safety)
- High speed handling (trim, stability, driving position, crew safety, waves, quick stop)
- Low speed handling (close quarters, standing off, wind and tide)
- Rules of the road (application of basic IRPCS whilst underway)
- Seamanship skills (anchoring, berthing, handling lines, mooring buoys)
- Emergency situations (types of emergency, man overboard recovery, marine radio distress calls)
- Personal equipment (clothing, lifejackets etc)
- Parts of the boat (basic terminology)
- On board safety
- Types of craft (hull types, engines, fuel)
- Basic weather (forecasts, sea state, effect of wind and tide)
- Buoyage, basic collision regulations (IRPCS)
- legal responsibilities and obligations.
RYA Powerboat Level 2
For an internationally accredited certificate join our 2 day RYA Powerboat Level 2 course. (see below). This also converts to a NSW boat licence.
If you have your own small group we can arrange a private course for you. You pay for three places and can bring up to 4 people.