If you’ve ever wanted a career as a paramedic, this qualification will help get you started. The HLT41115 – Certificate IV in Health Care is the entry-level pre-hospital emergency care training course.
Once completed, this nationally recognised qualification means you will be qualified to provide pre-hospital and out-of-hospital emergency health care response, as well as deliver patient assessment to those who require urgent medical attention.
Occupational titles for this role may include:
- Basic Life Support Medic (BLS) – sometimes referred to as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Emergency Patient Transport Officer
- Transport, aviation or maritime medic
- Industrial medic (mining, construction, manufacturing, oil & gas)
- Private company medic (Australia and international)
- Defence force medic
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Call Centre)
- Note: this qualification does not allow you to work as a Paramedic for a State Ambulance Service. You need a Bachelor degree for this.
This course is predominantly online and adopts a self-paced study model, although there are set time frames for completion, which is 12-18 months, depending on individual circumstances.
Drug therapy protocols (DTP’s) covered within the scope of the HLT41115 – Certificate IV in Health Care course include: adrenaline, glucose gel, glucagon, basic cardiac drugs, naloxone, basic pain relief (Skills, Protocols and Pharmacology equivalent to the level – Intern Paramedic Ambulance Service NSW).
If you would like to apply for this course, please contact us and we will have a enrolment manager contact you to discuss the program in full.
This is a blended learning course requiring students to study in their own time before completing 2 x 5 day practical training session at the Gold Coast. All students are interviewed before acceptance into the program to ensure the program is suitable and that you will meet the language, literacy and numeracy requirements.
Distance learning can present a range of difficulties to learners and the following personal circumstances should be considered before enrolling into any distance learning course:
- Your ability to study from home without structured classroom sessions
- Your time management skills and commitment to self-study/self-motivation
- Your access to a computer and internet connection
- Your computer skills and ability to communicate with your course facilitator through an online forum (Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.)
- Your language, literacy and numeracy skills to read, interpret course information and complete assessments
Upon successful completion of all units, each student will be issued with a Qualification for HLT41115 Certificate IV in Health Care issued by Australian Paramedical College (RTOID 32513).
Student Handbook (593 KB)Enquire Now