Health & Safety Representative
Location - Sydney CBD
Health & Safety Representative (HSR) is $750 per person in Sydney CBD or contact us for Onsite Training in NSW. This classroom session is 5 days.
Don’t wait to book a WHS Training course, call now on 02 9232 1010 or contact our team.
HSR Training is essential to ensure your workplace is compliant with the Work Health Safety Act 2011. Training is recommended for nominated HSR and deputy HSR representatives within an organisation. Approved HSR training provides individuals with the skill set to effectively use their powers provided to them under the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act (2001).
This is a skills program aimed at developing the knowledge and skills of HSRs, helping them to carry out their roles and functions under the WHS legislation.
The aim of this course is to provide HSRs with skills and information regarding:
- WHS Act 2011, assist with compliance with WHS laws
- Obligations of the Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU), workers and other parties under the legislation
- the nature of the consultation process between workers and the PCBU
- purpose for the formation of a workgroup
- election process for HSRs and deputy HSRs
- Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- Entitlements and protections of elected HSR personnel
- Risk management and use of risk controls within the business
If you would like a customised program for your workforce, please contact us for an onsite training quote.
The course will be attended by HSRs looking for approved training to assist them in effectively performing their duties and exercising their powers delegated to them through the WHS Act. There is a requirement for students to be able to understand and comprehend English. We use a variety of presentation tools to ensure all learners have the best possible chance to gain the knowledge and skills covered in the HSR training program. If you believe you will need assistance due to your Language, Literacy or Numeracy skills, please contact our office on 02 9232 1010 to discuss your training needs.
Once the HSR training program is successfully completed, learners will be issued with a certificate of completion. HSR certificates are emailed to students however hard copy is available for an additional fee.
During this HRS Training, students will participate in 5 days training, occuring within a fortnight. The course includes the following:
- Overview of the WHS legislative framework and duties if various parties.
- Role of Safework NSW and penalties for non-compliance.
- Consultation requirements within the workplace regarding WHS issues.
- Role of HSRs and Health and Safety Committees (HSCs).
- Learn how to identify hazards and methods to minimise or eliminate them.
- Explore effective methods of negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Practical exercises and role playing.
- Demonstration of how HSR's contribute to incident investigation.
- Personal Improvement Notices (PINs) and how HSRs can use them.
- What to do if negotiation and issue resolution has been ineffective.
This course meets the training requirements for HSR and deputy HSRs under the WHS Act 2011.
The training we cover assists you fulfilling your legal obligations in relation to the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, and Work Health Safety Regulation 2011 for your workplace.
HSR - Course Description (169 KB)
Student Handbook (737 KB)
The cost for this program is $750 per person.
Course delivered in Sydney CBD for public bookings.