This course will teach you about what asbestos is, how to identify if it is being used, why it is dangerous and what laws apply to the use of asbestos. You will also learn the fundamentals of the best practices associated with the safe removal of asbestos.
This course is delivered in line with the model Code of Practice, developed by Safe Work Australia. The Code of Practice provides practical guidance regarding the management of risks associated with the use of asbestos and asbestos containing material (ACM) in the workplace. It aims to minimize the occurrence of diseases related to asbestos.
During this Asbestos Awareness training online, employees will learn about:
- What asbestos is.
- What dangers are associated with asbestos.
- How to spot the use of asbestos in the workplace.
- Best practices for the removal of asbestos.
Average completion time for this online course is 50 minutes.
**Please note that this is not a nationally accredited course**
- 100% Online Course - Complete your course quickly and easily online, no need to visit a classroom.
- Same Day Certificate - Upon completion your certificate will be sent to you.
- Learn at your own pace - We keep a record of how far you've progressed with your course, so you can complete it whenever you prefer.
- For non-webcam courses any browser other than Internet Explorer or Edge.
- For any webcam courses we recommend Google Chrome or Firefox.
- On iPhone the system update needs to be above IOS11. Chrome for Android and Safari for iPhones.
Who is this Course for?
This Asbestos Awareness training online is for anyone who is responsible for managing the use of asbestos in their workplace, including the protection of workers from being exposed to asbestos and the enforcement of safe removal practices.
Once successfully completed, learners will be issued with a Certificate of Completion for the online Managing and Controlling Asbestos in the Workplace course.Certificates are issued by TCP Training Pty Ltd (RTO ID 91118). Certificates are emailed to students.
PLEASE BE AWARE Students are NOT completing a nationally recognised unit of competency. Students will NOT be issued a Statement of Attainment for completing the course.
- How do I get my Certificate?
Once you've successfully completed your course, you will be automatically emailed your Certificate of Completion.
- What do I need to start learning?
Nothing! All you need is a computer or laptop. The latest versions of Chrome or Safari are recommend.
- Why learn online?
Our online courses enable you to gain the skills and certification you need anywhere - even in the comfort of your own home. Our course content and learning management system is industry-leading, enabling you to achieve best results first time.
- Can Centrelink pay for me?
What you need to do is register with your local Job Network Agent. Your Employment Consultant will make the booking with us on your behalf and arrange payment with us directly. Unfortunately Centrelink does not pay directly.
- Can I pay my package in installments?
Unfortunately we cannot offer this service, full payment of course fees are required at the time of booking. The good news is that we try to always offer value for money and keep course fees affordable, so you know that you are always getting good value, especially with our package deals which offer reduced prices!
- What if I have trouble with written/spoken english for a Course?
Most courses will permit a student to bring a friend to interpret for them during training. If you do need assistance, we ask that you contact first before booking your course so we can advise if there are any restrictions. For example, Forklift training requires students to complete all assessments in English.
If the course permits, you may bring a friend along to the course or, alternatively, you can phone the National Translation service to book an interpreter. Visit the Immigration website for more information about help with translating.
- What payment methods do you accept?
Payment can be made at the time of booking using either a credit card, EFTPOS or cash. Invoices and acceptance of company cheques is by prior arrangement only.
- When is my booking confirmed?
Your booking is confirmed once we receive full payment of course fees. Unfortunately there are rare occasions where the course will sell out prior to you finalising payment. In this situation a member of our customer service team will get in contact to organise an alternate training date.
The cost for this Asbestos Awareness training online is $49.