White Card Course Melbourne
CPCWHS1001 Work safely in the construction industry (formally CPCCWHS1001)
Identity Requirements (Mandatory)
Students must be able to provide Valid Photo ID. Download a copy of the White Card Melbourne ID Requirements examples.
White Card Melbourne Pre-requisites
- Students must be 14 years old at the time of sitting the course.
- Students must have at least a basic understanding of English to be permitted into class..
- Students will need a USI number to complete the course. To apply for a USI or find your number, visit https://www.usi.gov.au/.
Book your White Card Melbourne Course Now
White Card Melbourne Course Details
Statistics show that in 2019 an average of 183 workers were fatally injured as a result of accidents in the workplace in Australia. The White Card Course Sydney is designed to raise awareness and help implement strategies and practices to eliminate these risks that cause injuries and fatalities in the workplace.
The White Card Course is a requirement to work in the Construction Industry in Sydney and covers the basic WHS knowledge required prior to commence work tasks within any of the building sectors. This course requires the ability to demonstrate personal awareness of Work Health & Safety (WHS) legislative requirements.
With our highly experienced trainers you will learn how to identify and report construction hazards, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) use, as well as the basic principles of risk management and prevention of injury and illness. With theoretical, practical and assessment components students will acquire all relevant knowledge and skills to assist them in the construction industry.
- Training must be conducted over a minimum period of 6 hours not including breaks.
- A Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be issued to students if they satisfactorily complete all assessments, demonstrating competency in the program.
- Due to White Card being a Government Initiative, students will have to complete ALL training hours required. Insufficient ID and being over 10 minutes late (including from lunch breaks) will automatically deem the student ineligible to start the course on that date. Students will need to contact our office to rebook, and process any relevant rescheduling fee in line with our policy.
White Card Melbourne Assessment
Within the 6 hours of the accredited course, students will be required to complete multiple choice questions, short answer questions and a verbal assessment in English throughout the day. Students will receive lunch breaks which is not included in the 6 hours and please note, lunch is not provided. Students are offered multiple opportunities to demonstrate their knowledge and skills throughout the course to deem them competent across the unit.
There are 3 components to this White Card program:
- Theoretical training in the classroom
- Practical training in the classroom
- Assessment for both knowledge and skills
This White Card Melbourne course combines plain English, videos, photos, and questioning to ensure all learners can have the best possible chance at comprehending the required knowledge and skills.
Assessments MUST be completed in English and with no further assistance. If you believe you will need assistance due to your Language, Literacy or Numeracy skills, please contact our office on 02 9232 1010 to discuss your training needs.
If a student is not successful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the White Card Melbourne course at a $50 NYC Fee.
White Card Melbourne Certification
Once student is deemed competent, they will be issued a SOA (Statement of Attainment) which will be valid for 60 days after issued. With this certificate, students can go onto any construction site immediately after the course. WorkSafe VIC will post the final White Card to the students address which can take up to 60 days.
Students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for:
- CPCWHS1001 Work safely in the construction industry (formally CPCCWHS1001)
For any lost, stolen or replacement White Cards, please contact SafeWork VIC on 1800 136 089.
The cost for the White Card Melbourne course is $129.
View the White Card Melbourne Refund Policy.
Courses are subject to a $10 non-refundable enrolment fee.
TCP Training is not registered with CRICOS however all one day courses are excluded from CRICOS.
If organising staff training or onsite training, we can facilitate the White Card Melbourne course nationally. You can also request to enrol staff using a company invoice.Book Now
White Card Melbourne Training Locations
The White Card Melbourne course is delivered at the following Melbourne training locations -
For directions, transport and parking information, please visit the Melbourne Training Locations page.
White Card FAQs
- What are the ID Requirements?
You must provide valid photo ID on the day of training.
- What happens if my Card is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed?
You will have to contact WorkSafe VIC - https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au
- What is the difference between the "Red Card" and "White Card"?
Previously, participants who completed the WHS Induction course were issued with a “red card”. With legislation changes, participants are now issued with a “white card”.
- Is the Certificate valid for use nationally?
As of the 1st of September 2012, the General Induction Card is recognised nationally.
- How long is the Card valid for?
This card does not expire, however if you have not worked on a construction for 2 years or more, SafeWork NSW recommends attending a course to update your skills and knowledge.
- When will I get my certificate?
You will receive your Statement of Attainment with 24 hours which you can work using.
General Course FAQs
- When is my booking confirmed?
Your booking is confirmed once we receive full payment of course fees. Unfortunately there are rare occasions where the course will sell out prior to you finalising payment. In this situation a member of our customer service team will get in contact to organise an alternate training date.
- What are your payment methods?
Payment can be made at the time of booking using either a credit card, EFTPOS or cash. Invoices and acceptance of company cheques is by prior arrangement only.
- Can I pay my package in installments?
Unfortunately we cannot offer this service, full payment of course fees are required at the time of booking. The good news is that we try to always offer value for money and keep course fees affordable, so you know that you are always getting good value, especially with our package deals which offer reduced prices!
- I want to book in multiple staff and/or want a company invoice?
We can book multiple people at once and create company invoices, even for individual students. Please just email our bookings team – email@example.com.
Please include the following information; the course, location and date you wish to enroll them in, full names and unique emails of those who will attend and the company's legal name, address, ABN and contact.
- What if I have trouble with written/spoken english?
Most courses will permit a student to bring a friend to interpret for them during training. If you do need assistance, we ask that you contact first before booking your course so we can advise if there are any restrictions. For example, Forklift training requires students to complete all assessments in English.
If the course permits, you may bring a friend along to the course or, alternatively, you can phone the National Translation service to book an interpreter. Visit the Immigration website for more information about help with translating.
- What is your COVID-19 Policy?
Following NSW Health Guidelines, TCP Training implements Policies and Procedures to help keep our community safe, for more information click here.
- Can Centrelink pay for me?
What you need to do is register with your local Job Network Agent. Your Employment Consultant will make the booking with us on your behalf and arrange payment with us directly. Unfortunately Centrelink does not pay directly.