Food Safety Supervisor Course Sydney
SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices
Identity Requirements (Mandatory)
Students must be able to provide valid Photo ID.
Food Safety Supervisor Pre-requisites
- Students will need a USI number to complete the course. To apply for a USI or find your number, visit https://www.usi.gov.au/.
- Students must have at least a basic understanding of English to be permitted into class.
Book your Food Safety Supervisor Course Now
Food Safety Supervisor Course Details
The NSW Food Act 2003 was introduced as a measure for reducing food borne illnesses within the hospitality and retail food industry by improving food handler skills and knowledge.
The NSW Food Safety Regulations stipulate that hospitality businesses in NSW need to have a designated Food Safety Supervisor within their organisation. The Food Safety Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that their premises engage in best practices regarding safe food handling in roles such as chefs, kitchen staff, owners/managers/supervisor and food safety supervisors.
This Food Safety Supervisor course will provide you with all the skills and understanding needed to be a successful Food Safety Supervisor, including:
- Legislative requirements
- Understanding food safety policies and procedures
- Identifying and controlling hazards
- Personal Hygiene
- ANZFA guide to food safety standards
- Food Safety monitoring
Legislation requires refresher training every five (5) years. Download the full details on legislation from Food Authority.
- All students must have valid photo ID on the day of training.
- Free lunch is included.
- No third-party reporting is required so full certification is completed within the 1 day training.
- Due to Food Safety Supervisor being a Government Initiative, students will have to complete ALL training hours required. Insufficient ID and being over 10 minutes late (including from lunch breaks) will automatically deem the student ineligible to start the course on that date. Students will need to contact our office to rebook and process any relevant rescheduling fee in line with our policy.
Food Safety Supervisor Assessment
Within the 6 hours of the accredited course, students will be required to complete multiple choice questions, short answer questions and a practical assessment in English throughout the day. Students will receive lunch breaks which is not included in the 6 hours and will be permitted to eat the food prepared in class. Students are offered multiple opportunities to demonstrate their knowledge and skills throughout the course to deem them competent across the unit.
There are 3 components to this Food Safety Supervisor program:
- Theoretical training in the classroom (Multiple Choice & Short Answer)
- Practical training in the kitchen (preparing food at our venue)
- Assessment for both knowledge and skills
This Food Safety Supervisor course combines plain English, videos, photos, and questioning to ensure all learners can have the best possible chance at comprehending the required knowledge and skills.
Assessments MUST be completed in English and with no further assistance. If you believe you will need assistance due to your Language, Literacy or Numeracy skills, please contact our office on 02 9232 1010 to discuss your training needs.
If a student is not successful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the Food Safety Supervisor course at a $50 NYC Fee.
Food Safety Supervisor Certification
Once student is deemed competent, they will be issued a SOA (Statement of Attainment) within 24 hours of the training (may take longer on weekends).
Students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for:
- SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices
Students will also receive their physical Food Safety Supervisor certificate at the end of the training.
If you are completing the Food Safety Supervisor course you do NOT need to complete the Food Hygiene course.
The cost for the Food Safety Supervisor course is $190 (includes free lunch).
View the Food Safety Supervisor Refund Policy.
Courses are subject to a $10 non-refundable enrolment fee.
TCP Training is not registered with CRICOS however all one day courses are excluded from CRICOS.
If organising staff training or onsite training, we can facilitate the Food Safety Supervisor course nationally. You can also request to enrol staff using a company invoice.Book Now
Food Safety Supervisor Training Locations
The Food Safety Supervisor course is delivered at the following Sydney and Central Coast training locations -
For directions, transport and parking information, please visit the Sydney Training Locations page.
Food Safety Supervisor FAQs
- Do you offer the refresher course?
This is counted as a refresher course! You simply complete the course again, however you will be able to complete it quicker as you already have experience.
- Do I also need to complete the Food Hygiene Qualification?
No! the Food Safety Supervisor course includes the Food Hygiene qualification and makes you more employable!
- Will I need to complete practical training after the course?
No, all the training is done in our venues so that you can receive your certification the day of the training.
- Will there be Food Safety Supervisors there?
All of our trainers are current and up to date with their own Food Safety Supervisor Certifications.
- When do I get my certificate?
You will get your NSW Food Authority Food Safety Supervisor certificate issued the same day as a hard copy. You will receive your Statement of Attainment via email the same day as well.
- When does my certificate expire?
Every five years you will have to complete the course again to refresh your qualification and stay relevant.
General Course FAQs
- When is my booking confirmed?
Your booking is confirmed once we receive full payment of course fees. Unfortunately there are rare occasions where the course will sell out prior to you finalising payment. In this situation a member of our customer service team will get in contact to organise an alternate training date.
- What are your payment methods?
Payment can be made at the time of booking using either a credit card, EFTPOS or cash. Invoices and acceptance of company cheques is by prior arrangement only.
- Can I pay my package in installments?
Unfortunately we cannot offer this service, full payment of course fees are required at the time of booking. The good news is that we try to always offer value for money and keep course fees affordable, so you know that you are always getting good value, especially with our package deals which offer reduced prices!
- I want to book in multiple staff and/or want a company invoice?
We can book multiple people at once and create company invoices, even for individual students. Please just email our bookings team – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information; the course, location and date you wish to enroll them in, full names and unique emails of those who will attend and the company's legal name, address, ABN and contact.
- What if I have trouble with written/spoken english?
Most courses will permit a student to bring a friend to interpret for them during training. If you do need assistance, we ask that you contact first before booking your course so we can advise if there are any restrictions. For example, Forklift training requires students to complete all assessments in English.
If the course permits, you may bring a friend along to the course or, alternatively, you can phone the National Translation service to book an interpreter. Visit the Immigration website for more information about help with translating.
- What is your COVID-19 Policy?
Following NSW Health Guidelines, TCP Training implements Policies and Procedures to help keep our community safe, for more information click here.
- Can Centrelink pay for me?
What you need to do is register with your local Job Network Agent. Your Employment Consultant will make the booking with us on your behalf and arrange payment with us directly. Unfortunately Centrelink does not pay directly.