The Competition and Consumers Law course is developed to provide an understanding of the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law that
protect consumers and how businesses deal with consumers. This course is spit into 4 components the introduction, dealing with consumers
part 1 and 2 and dealing with other businesses.
During the Introduction course, employees will learn about:
- Purpose and objectives of competition and consumer law
- Role and powers of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Who can bring proceedings under competition and consumer law
- Penalties and remedies for breaches of competition and consumer law
- Nature of individual liability under competition and consumer law, and
- How individuals can be found personally liable for breaches of competition and consumer law.
Average completion time for this course is 35 minutes.
During the dealing with consumers part 1 course, employees will learn about:
- Consumer protection in the Australian Consumer Law (ACL)
- Prohibited, misleading and deceptive conduct in section 18 of the ACL
- Remedies for a breach of section 18
- False or misleading representations
- False or misleading statements, and
- Remedies for breaches of the ACL.
Average completion time for this course is 60 minutes.
During the dealing with consumers part 2 course, employees will learn about:
- Unconscionable conduct
- Product safety and product information
- Manufacturer's liability
- Consumer guarantees, and
- Consumers' rights to a refund.
Average completion time for this course is 70 minutes.
During the dealing with other businesses course, employees will learn about:
- Anti-competitive and restrictive trade practices
- Different types of prohibited cartel conduct
- Exceptions to cartel conduct
- Other ways competition and consumer law can be breached
- Exceptions to restrictive trade practices, and
- Remedies and enforcements to breaches of restrictive trade practices provisions.
Average completion time for this course is 60 minutes.
- 100% Online Course - Complete your course quickly and easily online, no need to visit a classroom.
- Same Day Certificate - Upon completion your certificate will be sent to you.
- Learn at your own pace - We keep a record of how far you've progressed with your course, so you can complete it whenever you prefer.
Once successfully completed, learners will be issued with a Certificate of Completion for the online Competition and Consumer Law course. Certificates are issued by TCP Training Pty Ltd (RTO ID 91118).
PLEASE BE AWARE Students are NOT completing a nationally recognised unit of competency. Students will NOT receive a Statement of Attainment after completing this course.
Who is this Course for?
This course is intended for company managers and employees who are in a position to breach the anti-competitive practices provisions of the CCL while working for their company.
- How do I get my Certificate?
Once you've successfully completed your course you'll need to fill out some information which is required by the Australian Government. We simply need a few bits of information about you and your USI number (more information here). Once we've got this information we will email your certificate to you.
- What do I need to start learning?
Nothing! All you need is a computer or laptop. The latest versions of Chrome or Safari are recommend.
- Why learn online?
Our online courses enable you to gain the skills and certification you need anywhere - even in the comfort of your own home. Our course content and learning management system is industry-leading, enabling you to achieve best results first time.
- Can Centrelink pay for me?
What you need to do is register with your local Job Network Agent. Your Employment Consultant will make the booking with us on your behalf and arrange payment with us directly. Unfortunately Centrelink does not pay directly.
- Can I pay my package in installments?
Unfortunately we cannot offer this service, full payment of course fees are required at the time of booking. The good news is that we try to always offer value for money and keep course fees affordable, so you know that you are always getting good value, especially with our package deals which offer reduced prices!
- Can you get me a job?
Although we cannot guarantee you a job, we would be delighted to refer you to an agent who may be able to assist you to find work.
- What if I have trouble with written/spoken english for a Course?
Most courses will permit a student to bring a friend to interpret for them during training. If you do need assistance, we ask that you contact first before booking your course so we can advise if there are any restrictions. For example, Forklift training requires students to complete all assessments in English.
If the course permits, you may bring a friend along to the course or, alternatively, you can phone the National Translation service to book an interpreter. Visit the Immigration website for more information about help with translating.
- What payment methods do you accept?
Payment can be made at the time of booking using either a credit card, EFTPOS or cash. Invoices and acceptance of company cheques is by prior arrangement only.
- When is my booking confirmed?
Your booking is confirmed once we receive full payment of course fees. Unfortunately there are rare occasions where the course will sell out prior to you finalising payment. In this situation a member of our customer service team will get in contact to organise an alternate training date.
The cost for this Competition and Consumer Law course online is $196.
If organising a staff training or onsite training contact us for further information.