RSA Course

Sydney CBD, Dee Why, Campbelltown & Miranda

$160 per person (including license card fees)
6-hour classroom session
Certificate valid for 5 years
RSA upgrade options available for any state in Australia

Don’t wait to book a RSA course, call now on 02 9232 1010 or contact our team.

Enrol Now   Staff Training   Course PDF

Please note we can not train people on student visas.
Please contact CRICOS

RSA RENEWAL: If you currently hold a valid RSA Competency card you have to contact OLGR directly to complete online refresher training. This is available for up to 28 days after expiry of your current card. 

For information on renewals, see

Upgrade Options and Package Deals 

Upgrade your RSA 

Course Inclusions


Upgrade $35

Upgrade $55

NSW Licence
QLD Licence  
SA Licence  
WA Licence  
NT Licence  
ACT Licence  
TAS Licence  
VIC Licence    
Australian Wide Coverage    
NSW Government Issued Competency Card
Government Approved RTO #91118
Face to Face Learning
Customer Service Assistance
Experienced Qualified Trainers
Statement of Attainment ID Card available same day  
Interim Competency Certifcate straight to your inbox
Pre-Enrolment in VIC Online Bridging Course    
Short Online VIC Bridging Course (15 minutes)    
Great for Travelling workers  
Allows you to serve alcohol in licenced venues
Interactive learning environment
Meets AVETMISS Requirements
No Third Party ID verification
No extra paperwork required
Access Statement of Attainment at your leisure
Innovative plastic ID completion card  
Work in the Worlds most liveable city    

Course Details

WANT TO COMPLETE THE RSA & RCG COURSES IN ONE DAY, PLUS SAVE $40? Go to the RSA & RCG Course page and book to save $40 if you complete both courses in one day.

If you are looking for work in any establishment that sells or serves alcohol in NSW, it is a government requirement for you to have completed a Liquor and Gaming NSW approved RSA course (Responsible Service of Alcohol Course).

Legislation requires refresher training every five (5) years.

This RSA course is required for people working in an environment where alcohol is sold or served, including:

  1. Bar staff
  2. Bottle shop attendants
  3. Licensees
  4. Managers
  5. Security Officers
  6. Event staff
  7. Function staff
  8. Cruise ship staff

We offer a fun and informative one day RSA course that will provide you with the knowledge and skills to obtain a NSW RSA certificate, allowing you to apply for your RSA photo card. We run daily courses so it is easy to fit the RSA course into your schedule.

Legislation requires refresher training every five years. You can renew your photo competency card with OLGR directly in the last 90 days before your current card expires by completing the online refresher training.

For information on renewals, see

If organising staff training or onsite training, we can facilitate the RSA course training nationally.

Australian RSA Certificates

Depending on what Australian State you are working in there are different course options available -

Choose an RSA Course to enrol into -

Download the Australian Certifications for easy reference -


This RSA course combines plain English, videos, photos, and questioning to ensure all learners are able to have the best possible chance at comprehending the required knowledge and skills. If you believe you will need assistance to complete the RSA course due to your Language, Literacy or Numeracy skills, please contact our office on 02 9232 1010 to discuss your training needs.

TCP Training is not registered with CRICOS, as such we are unable to conduct training and assessment for those with study restrictions on their visa. This includes but is not limited to the International Student Visa (subclass 500), you can check the entitlements of your visa here.

Training Program

During this program, you will learn the knowledge and skill associated with the responsible service of alcohol (RSA). The course will include information about:

  • Legal requirements related to venues, minors and signage
  • Assisting customers to drink within the appropriate limits
  • How to assess alcohol affected customers and identify those whose service should be refused
  • When to refuse service of alcohol

We have RSA courses available Tuesday to Saturday in our Sydney training centre with additional RSA courses available in Miranda, Campbelltown and Dee Why.

There are 3 components to this program:

  1. Theory training in the classroom
  2. Practical training in the classroom
  3. Assessment for both knowledge and skills

The classroom session is a 6hr program plus breaks. See what happens in this RSA course through our Vimeo page


Students will be assessed during the classroom session. Assessment will confirm knowledge and skills have been achieved to demonstrate competency across the unit.

Students are offered multiple opportunities to demonstrate knowledge and skills throughout the RSA course.

If a student is not successful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the RSA course at the full course fee.


Once a competent mark is awarded, learners will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol. This Unit of Competency is Nationally Recognised Training from Hospitality Training Package.

RSA Certificates are emailed to students however hard copy is available for additional fee.

Student will also be provided with a temporary / interim RSA certificate issued by Liquor and Gaming NSW. This can be used to commence work and is valid for 90 days. After 90 days, a RSA competency card must be presented to work in any licenced premise.

To obtain the RSA competency card, the interim RSA certificate is to be taken to a registered Services NSW office to apply.


Are other states RSA's Recognised in NSW?

Currently RSA trained in NSW is recognised in most other states of Australia. 

Can I still work while I am waiting for my Competency card?

You can once you have received your interim certificate.

Do I need RSA and RCG outside of NSW?

An OLGR Competency Card for RSA and RCG is mandatory in NSW. The RSA SITHFAB002 Statement of Attainment is a nationally recognised unit of competency, this is accepted in WA, NT & SA. In Queensland a QLD OLGR RSA certificate is mandatory. In Victoria & Tasmania you must have a Certificate issued from an RTO approved in that state therefore in all those states you will need to attend another course. Expiring certificates: All RSA/RCG certs that were issued before 2013 have expired. Avoid the fine and get recertified.

How long does it take to get my Certificate?

If the course is taken online, you can download your Certificate of Attainment instantly upon completion of the course. This is for the following states:

  • Northern Territory
  • Queensland
  • South Australia
  • Western Australia

If your RSA is for New South Wales, you will receive the following:

  • RSA National Statement of Attainment - upon completion
  • NSW OLGR Interim Certificate - upon completion
  • RSA Competency Photo Card - collect at Australia Post

General FAQs

Can Centrelink pay for me?

What you need to do is register with your local Job Network Agent. Your Employment Consultant will make the booking with us on your behalf and arrange payment with us directly. Unfortunately Centrelink does not pay directly.

Can I pay my package in installments?

Unfortunately we cannot offer this service, full payment of course fees are required at the time of booking. The good news is that we try to always offer value for money and keep course fees affordable, so you know that you are always getting good value, especially with our package deals which offer reduced prices!

What if I have trouble with written/spoken english for a Course?

Most courses will permit a student to bring a friend to interpret for them during training. If you do need assistance, we ask that you contact first before booking your course so we can advise if there are any restrictions. For example, Forklift training requires students to complete all assessments in English.

If the course permits, you may bring a friend along to the course or, alternatively, you can phone the National Translation service to book an interpreter. Visit the Immigration website for more information about help with translating.

What payment methods do you accept?

Payment can be made at the time of booking using either a credit card, EFTPOS or cash. Invoices and acceptance of company cheques is by prior arrangement only.

When is my booking confirmed?

Your booking is confirmed once we receive full payment of course fees. Unfortunately there are rare occasions where the course will sell out prior to you finalising payment.  In this situation a member of our customer service team will get in contact to organise an alternate training date.

approved logo

Course Enrolment

RSA course is $160 at Dee Why, Miranda Sydney CBD or Campbelltown per person. 
The RSA course is delivered in Sydney, Miranda, Campbelltown & Dee Why for public.

We also provide an RSA and RCG Combo course if required.

Course Timetable

australian training solution
nsw white card
sydney bar school
tcp training