Disciplinary Action training online is $49. Average completion time is 80 minutes.
Don’t wait to book the Disciplinary Action training online, call now on 02 9232 1010 or contact our team.
If you are responsible for managing staff, there may come a time where you are required to deal with an employee who is not performing in line with the expectations of the business. It could be performance related issues, or issues of misconduct and this may lead to disciplinary action. It is important for you to understand the disciplinary process so that you can manage it effectively and, should action lead to termination of employment, be confident that you have satisfied all your obligations as an employee, so as to avoid an unfair dismissal claim.
During this Disciplinary Action training online, employees will learn about:
- Ensure that the disciplinary process is managed correctly, in line with ethical and legal expectations.
- Conduct an employee interview and make necessary formal decisions needed.
- How to identify and manage performance deficiencies and where they may be opportunities to rectify the situation without drastic measures, such as dismissal.
Average completion time for this online course is 80 minutes.
- 100% Online Course - Complete your course quickly and easily online, no need to visit a classroom.
- Same Day Certificate - Upon completion your certificate will be sent to you.
- Learn at your own pace - We keep a record of how far you've progressed with your course, so you can complete it whenever you prefer.
- For non-webcam courses any browser other than Internet Explorer or Edge.
- For any webcam courses we recommend Google Chrome or Firefox.
- On iPhone the system update needs to be above IOS11. Chrome for Android and Safari for iPhones.
Who is this Course for?
This Disciplinary Action training online is suitable for any employee working in a managerial or supervisory role in an Australian organization.
Once successfully completed, learners will be issued with a Certificate of Completion for the online Managing the Discipline Process course. Certificates are issued by TCP Training Pty Ltd (RTO ID 91118). Certificates are emailed to students.
PLEASE BE AWARE Students are NOT completing a nationally recognised unit of competency, and students will NOT be awarded with a Statement of Attainment after completing this course.
- How do I get my Certificate?
Once you've successfully completed your course, you will be automatically emailed your Certificate of Completion.
- What are the System Requirements?
How do you get access to the course material? Once you log onto your learner portal, your course will be there. All you need to do is click START.
Do you need to download any software? No, just log in with your desktop or iPhone and you can start it straight away!
When does access expire? You will need to complete the course within 3 months of the original booking date.
Can you use Windows, Mac, Android and iPhone? YES, you can use all software.
Are there any tests and what type of tests are they? Within the course, there is interactive modules, multiple choice and videos.
Are there any pre-requisites? NO
How do I get my certificate? Once you've successfully completed your course, you will be automatically emailed your Certificate of Completion.
- What do I need to start learning?
Nothing! All you need is a computer or laptop. The latest versions of Chrome or Safari are recommend.
- Why learn online?
Our online courses enable you to gain the skills and certification you need anywhere - even in the comfort of your own home. Our course content and learning management system is industry-leading, enabling you to achieve best results first time.
- Can Centrelink pay for me?
What you need to do is register with your local Job Network Agent. Your Employment Consultant will make the booking with us on your behalf and arrange payment with us directly. Unfortunately, Centrelink does not pay directly.
- Can I pay my package in installments?
Unfortunately we cannot offer this service, full payment of course fees are required at the time of booking. The good news is that we try to always offer value for money and keep course fees affordable, so you know that you are always getting good value, especially with our package deals which offer reduced prices!
- What are your payment methods?
Payment can be made at the time of booking using either a credit card, EFTPOS or cash. Invoices and acceptance of company cheques is by prior arrangement only.
- What if I have trouble with written/spoken English?
Most courses will permit a student to bring a friend to interpret for them during training. If you do need assistance, we ask that you contact first before booking your course so we can advise if there are any restrictions.
If the course permits, you may bring a friend along to the course or, alternatively, you can phone the National Translation service to book an interpreter. Visit the Immigration website for more information about help with translating.
You must have a basic understanding of English to sit the course.
- What is your COVID-19 Policy?
Following NSW Health Guidelines, TCP Training implements Policies and Procedures to help keep our community safe, for more information click here.
- When is my booking confirmed?
Your booking is confirmed once we receive full payment of course fees. Unfortunately, there are rare occasions where the course will sell out prior to you finalising payment. In this situation a member of our customer service team will get in contact to organise an alternate training date.
The cost for this Disciplinary Action training online is $49.