Express CPR Course Sydney (1 hour)
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (formally HLTAID001)
Maximise efficiency and minimise downtime with our streamlined Express CPR Course for experienced professionals.
Identity Requirements (Mandatory)
Students must be able to provide Valid Photo ID.
Express CPR Course Sydney Pre-requisites
- Students must have a current certification plus industry experience.
- Students must have at least a basic understanding of English to be permitted into class.
- Students must have physical ability to complete practical assessments – if your health or fitness restricts you from performing physical activities associated with this program, you will be able to participate but may not be eligible for a nationally accredited certificate.
- Students will need a USI number to complete the course. To apply for a USI or find your number, visit https://www.usi.gov.au/.
Register for your Express CPR Sydney Course Now
Online Pre-study Requirements
The online component of the course must be completed prior to attending the skills assessment session. To complete your Express CPR online pre-study you will need the following resources -
- PC or Mac Computer, Tablet, iPad, iPhone or Android phone
- Internet connection
- Internet browser (see below)
- Speakers or headphones
Once you have enrolled we supply you with access details to login to your learner portal so you can start straight away.
The online component of the Express CPR course is a mixture of interactive modules, multiple choice questions and videos. You don't have to complete the course all at once, and can pause it so you can pick up where you left off later.
Students must complete the online pre-study assessments to be issued their certificate. If not completed prior to the training date, the student will not receive certification.
- Online Course Software
- Windows and Mac Computers, iPads, Tablets, Android and iPhones can all be used to undertake online courses.
- On computers and tablets, the latest version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari is recommended. Microsoft Edge is not currently supported.
- On iPhone the system needs to be iOS11 or higher and we recommend using Safari.
- On Android phone we recommend using Chrome.
Express CPR Course Sydney Details
Designed in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines, this course equips you with the essential knowledge and skills to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) effectively.
Streamline your CPR certification with our Express CPR course, tailored for those who need to quickly and efficiently refresh their life-saving skills.
In today's fast-paced world, where every second counts in an emergency, this Express course is ideal for professionals and individuals in various settings who require the ability to provide CPR promptly and confidently. The course's condensed format makes it perfect for those who already have a foundational understanding of CPR techniques and are looking to update their certification within a minimal time frame.
This Express CPR course is suited to all persons, including:
- Swim instructors
- Childcare workers
- Health specialists for CPD points
- Personal trainers
Opt for our Express CPR course for an efficient, focused update on crucial CPR techniques, ensuring you're always prepared to respond effectively in an emergency situation that requires immediate action.
- The Express CPR course is suitable for experienced first aiders refreshing their competency.
- All students must have valid photo ID on the day of training.
- Students should allow online up to 2.5 hours for the pre-study, although they may be able to complete the pre-study assessments in a shorter timeframe.
- The online pre-study MUST be completed prior to the training date.
Express CPR Course Sydney Assessment
Within the accredited course, students will be required to complete multiple choice questions, short answer questions and a practical assessment in English. Students are offered multiple opportunities to demonstrate their knowledge and skills to deem them competent across the unit.
There are 2 components to this Express CPR program:
- Online pre-study and assessments
- Assessment for both knowledge and skills
This Express CPR Sydney course combines plain English, videos, photos, and questioning to ensure all learners can have the best possible chance at comprehending the required knowledge and skills.
Assessments MUST be completed in English and with no further assistance. If you believe you will need assistance due to your Language, Literacy or Numeracy skills, please contact our office on 02 9232 1010 to discuss your training needs.
If a student is not successful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the Express CPR Sydney course at a $50 NYC Fee.
Express CPR Certification
Once student is deemed competent, they will be emailed a Statement of Attainment (SOA) within 24 hours of the training (may take longer on weekends). A hard copy is available for an additional fee.
Students will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (formally HLTAID001)
Students must complete the online assessments to be issued their certificate prior to the course commencement.
These Units of Competency are Nationally Recognised Training from the Health Training Package.
The cost for the Express CPR Sydney course is $55.
View the Express CPR Sydney Refund Policy.
Courses are subject to a $10 non-refundable enrolment fee.
TCP Training is not registered with CRICOS however all one day courses are excluded from CRICOS.
If organising staff training or onsite training, we can facilitate the Express CPR Sydney course nationally. You can also request to enrol staff using a company invoice.Book Now
Express CPR Sydney Training Locations
The Express CPR Sydney course is delivered at the following Sydney and Central Coast training locations -
For directions, transport and parking information, please visit the Sydney Training Locations page.
Express CPR Course FAQs
- What’s the difference between CPR and Express CPR?
Express CPR is an assessment-only course with no training provided by the teacher so is faster to complete. This is only suitable for individuals with CPR experience.
- Do I still get a full qualification?
Yes, you do! You are completing the nationally recognised, otherwise known as accredited course, just without the training before the assessment.
- Do I have to do a Resuscitation Course every year?
You are not legally required to complete a resuscitation course each year. It is recommended, however, by the Australian Resuscitation Council. By taking a course every year, you will be able to demonstrate your resuscitation skills on a regular basis. Depending on which industry you work in, you may be required to take an annual CPR refresher course in order to comply with industry regulations or licensing requirements. TCP recommends that you do a refresher course every year so that you can keep up with any new techniques that are introduced and to ensure that you can effectively perform resuscitation.
- What if I’m unsure which course is best for me?
If you are unsure which CPR course to complete, we would recommend the full CPR training and assessment, as it give you the best chance to pass if you are not experienced in CPR.
- What if I do not have access to a computer?
Unfortunately, you do have to complete a few hours of online study to receive your certificate so this should be considered before booking the course. As the online section is accessed through our online portal so you can complete it on your;
- friend’s computer,
- library computer,
- work computer and
- partially on your phone - certain questions require computer access
General Course FAQs
- When is my booking confirmed?
Your booking is confirmed once we receive full payment of course fees. Unfortunately there are rare occasions where the course will sell out prior to you finalising payment. In this situation a member of our customer service team will get in contact to organise an alternate training date.
- What are your payment methods?
Payment can be made at the time of booking using either a credit card, EFTPOS or cash. Invoices and acceptance of company cheques is by prior arrangement only.
- Can I pay my package in installments?
Unfortunately we cannot offer this service, full payment of course fees are required at the time of booking. The good news is that we try to always offer value for money and keep course fees affordable, so you know that you are always getting good value, especially with our package deals which offer reduced prices!
- I want to book in multiple staff and/or want a company invoice?
We can book multiple people at once and create company invoices, even for individual students. Please just email our bookings team – email@example.com.
Please include the following information; the course, location and date you wish to enroll them in, full names and unique emails of those who will attend and the company's legal name, address, ABN and contact.
- What if I have trouble with written/spoken english?
Most courses will permit a student to bring a friend to interpret for them during training. If you do need assistance, we ask that you contact first before booking your course so we can advise if there are any restrictions. For example, Forklift training requires students to complete all assessments in English.
If the course permits, you may bring a friend along to the course or, alternatively, you can phone the National Translation service to book an interpreter. Visit the Immigration website for more information about help with translating.
- What is your COVID-19 Policy?
Following NSW Health Guidelines, TCP Training implements Policies and Procedures to help keep our community safe, for more information click here.
- Can Centrelink pay for me?
What you need to do is register with your local Job Network Agent. Your Employment Consultant will make the booking with us on your behalf and arrange payment with us directly. Unfortunately Centrelink does not pay directly.