So you’ve done your RSA and/or your RCG courses for NSW with TCP Training and you passed - awesome!! Well done! This means that you now need to think about applying for your photo competency card. And you may need to do it quickly - did you know that there are certain areas that require you to have the competency card when you start working in their venue (the interim certificate is not enough). Most of the time however, you can start work as soon as you have passed your course.
Be aware though - your Interim Certificate is only valid for 90 days once you have passed.
Back to the competency card ... the application process changed recently. See below for what you need to know:
- Locate your nearest Service NSW Service Centre – either look online at www.service.nsw.gov.au/service-centre or call them on 13 77 88. The service centres are dotted around, so there is bound to be one that is right near you.
- When you have found your nearest service centre, you need to get your documents ready! You will need to have your Interim Certificate and documents to prove your identity. A list of acceptable documents can be found on the back of your interim certificate - don't forget them, otherwise you will be turned away because your application cannot be processed without them.
- You will need to go to the centre yourself to apply in person - it is not possible for a relative or friend to go as your representative.
- During the application process, your documents will be checked and you will have a photograph taken.
- Once your application has been submitted, your card should take around 3 weeks to arrive.
It's as simple as that!
TCP Training now offers RSA courses and RCG courses up to 6 times a week in various locations in the Sydney CBD, Granville & Dee Why. So, if you haven't already got your certificate, it's really easy to get one!
Check out our locations to find a TCP Training centre near you today!